Our company is looking for “an artist of the outdoors” to join our team. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, energetic and detail oriented when it comes to designing customer landscaping projects and needs. He/she will retain a friendly disposition toward customers and their needs regarding the landscape vision and incorporate customer ideas along with their own in creating a successful design.
The designer should have a vast knowledge of horticulture and plant specifics that is essential throughout the design process, and they should use the environment and existing inventory as their canvas.
The team member we’re looking for will have excellent customer service skills, extreme professionalism, excellent communication and listening skills. He/she must be able to take direction from superiors, work independently and meet deadlines. The Designer is often the first point of contact with the company, so they should always represent a neat and professional appearance.
Some of the duties that the Landscape Designer should possess are as follows:
- Meet with customers at their property to gather information needed for desired outcome
- Taking necessary measurements for plan design
- Analyze natural elements including soil, slope, drainage, lighting, and other aspects to achieve customer design goals.
- Ability to stay within customers budget range
- Incorporating existing nursery inventory into design development
- Creating design plans by hand or CAD
- Prepare design estimates using Microsoft Excel
- Meet with customers to review plan design and adjust as needed
- Work with installation crews to achieve total customer satisfaction
- Maintain point of contact relationship with customer
The requirement for this position will be a degree in the Bachelor of Science in Landscape Design and/or Architecture and some design experience in the field.
Designers need to be able to work around the schedules of their clients, and therefore will result in a-typical hours. However, the designer should be able to adhere to a somewhat regular consistent schedule of Mon-Friday from 9:00 – 5:00 pm most of the time. During the busier months working some weekend hours should be anticipated with time off during the week.
Due to the nature of the business this will be a seasonal position that does not have guaranteed FT hours in design alone, and therefore during the lulls of designing, to supplement hours, the Landscape Designer should anticipate working in the Garden Center. Every other weekend will be required at the Garden Center during the busy months assisting customers. The season typically runs from April 1st – November 18th and therefore, so will this position of employment. Although we encourage employees to return to the positions previously hired for, there is no employment guarantee of re-hire or re-hire to the same position and pay. The employee will be notified during the month of March of the new year if the position is still available.
* A valid driver’s license and proof of insurance will be required throughout employment.
** I acknowledge that the job ad for Landscape Designer that I have just finished reading above supersedes any currently posted advertisements for the same position that may be listed on any media platforms such as but not limited to: Handshake, Job Center of WI, Heritage Hill Nursery Inc. website, Face Book, Google, Instagram, LinkedIn. I further acknowledge that I am under no obligation with the continuance of this position and will not hold Heritage Hill Nursery, Inc. legally responsible, for false advertisement.